Monday, September 29, 2008

Let's Torque F1

The past weekend got pretty exciting around the Marina Bay area here in Singapore. The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) held its first NIGHT street race and it's the 15th out of 18 in this year's Formula One World Championship Race Calendar. This much I know about cars and racing. Seriously. But I thought that since S$90 million was pumped into this (just think of the infrastructure for the extra flood lights all around), I figured I might as well go see if I can get any form of inspiration.

My first thoughts: It was really loud!!! And nothing beats being there! It got my adrenaline pumping and my creative mind wondering... If only I could get into the track with my cameras to film! I could make a Pod-racing or a Speeder bike short. This also reminded me of a project I had worked on before re-creating a NASCAR environment for an exhibition. I might just decide to post that up in the Workshop for a review.

I think I was more thrilled at the fact that my seat cost only S$5.50, had a great view and was in the comforts of air-conditioning. What more could I ask for the amount I paid? :O) So here's a short edited clip of what I took up on the 2nd floor of the Kopi Tiam at Raffles City. Cheers! (Did I mention that my parents got 50% off the menu too?)

No comments: