Saturday, June 27, 2009

Truly Asia


Facade of St John's with the KL Tower in the background.

I got into Kuala Lumpur yesterday and spent the evening there before heading to Petalling Jaya, or as the locals call it, PJ. I'm here to present mainly a documentary that I've worked on the past eight months for the Christian Brothers of de La Salle to the Penang District Council. This project has taken me to several parts of Sabah, Hong Hong, and Ipoh. There's a possibilty I might visit the Malacca community.

Today's presentation was interrupted in the late morning as the head of the council was invited to the grand opening of an annual conference for mission schools at St John's (near the Cathedral of KL). But it was there where I briefly spoke to Archbishop Murphy Pakiam and documented Prime Minister Najib - an old boy of St John's. The hoard of media people were very aggressive as they shoved me aside just when the PM shook hands with the La Salle Brother. ;OS Ahhhhhhhhh! They probably need the shots more than I for tomorrow's front page of The Star and The New Straits Times!


As close as I could get without being hurt!

No comments: