Monday, November 23, 2009

That's a wrap!


These two are from a series of five from last week's costume still life session. Joked Philip, our instructor, and I totally agree, "We get sick of drawing naked bodies after awhile." It's refreshing to draw people in clothes again! :p

Today we continue session two. Male in Shakesperean, and female in a flowy Spanish dance dress. I think I know what to focus on - the blending of the shadow folds to pull out the volume of the characters. Because we only have 20 mins for each costume, I will draw a little smaller today. :O) There is a reason where I draw so big. I draw big so that my mistakes are enhanced. I see it better. This is a good tip from Philip for anyone who wants to improve in their drawing skills.

Soon, I will leave for the PA Wearhouse to pick up the costumes on the way to school!

No comments: