Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Niu (cow) Year

My journey back from Tambunan to KK's international airport took about 90mins. But in that one and a half hour journey, I saw a good part of Sabah. Not all of it, just a good part of it - passing and stopping by small villages, little churches, pady fields, winding up and down mountains, etc.


I decided to use this image today because it's the Chinese Lunar New Year's Eve today. Tomorrow, we usher in the year of the Ox. The ox or water buffalo (in Vietnamese zodiac), through fortitude and hardwork, is a symbol of prosperity. The water buffaloes I passed by were probably preparing their year of hardwork. They were on their annual break from the nearby pady fields grazing the greens and were free to roam, including where the main road is. Good to know at this day in age, drivers still slow down for obstructing animals. :O)

Definitely a reminder for me to go slow, visit other pastures and rest my body. During the next couple of days of break, I plan to do just that.

Wishing all lotsa red packets to collect!

No comments: