Monday, April 27, 2009

Lei ho


This past weekend, I celebrated Mass in Cantonese. Was my second time ever. First was when I was 11. And back then, the only thing I probably understood was the response at Communion. Now, a little better. Well it ought to be. Not that I understand the language completely, but with the English translated booklet in front of me, I knew I wasn't going to get lost.

I am always thrilled at celebrating the Mass in a foreign country. This affirms me in volumes of my universal faith that is practiced worldwide. It reminds me of a larger world, and that I have to get out there every once in awhile to be reminded of this perspective. Singapore is far too small. In fact, this is an image I took leaving the country.

I could see the entire Singapore without having to pan my eyes! It's one thing to view the entire island-state in Google Maps, but to actually see it whole in the physical world... that was definitely a sight!

No comments: