Monday, July 20, 2009

20 July 1969

Today, the world celebrates the 40th anniversary of Man landing on the moon. I once wrote a paper at school that began with "25 years ago when man first landed on the moon..." Time does really fly! And the strange thing is that I will be a full-time student... again. I guess learning is a lifelong experience... Definitely a giant leap for me, to make this one seemingly small step.

Excited and ready to roll were probably what Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin felt as the lunar module Eagle made contact with the moon's surface. I bet there was a tinge of uneasiness as they were locating for a smooth enough surface to land on, but it was probably the adrenaline from wanting to make history that pushed them to make their first moonwalk! For those of you younger readers who think that Michael Jackson invented the Moonwalk... sorry to burst your bubble! :O)

It's been four decades and we still enjoy watching footage of the landing! In a way, it keeps us dreaming and inspiring us to reach greater heights. But for now, it's time for me to take that first step...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMINSD7MmT4

No comments: