Sunday, December 13, 2009

Yokoso Japan!


That's a picture of my bed for the night.

Yes, I am in the land of the rising sun, only that the sun sets pretty darn early because of the winter solstice. I have my sketchbook ready to go... how to draw in the dark now? I guess it's Art History Term paper time right after this posting.

So what am I doing here in Japan? Siggraph Asia 09. It's some Annual Animation Conference held this year in Yokohama. A bunch of my classmates will join me tomorrow morning. I got here first because of the different timings Northwest Airlines (now merged with Delta) has with their mileage claims.

I arrived in Narita at 2pm today and will be spending a night at a neat cozy hostel. The host, Mr Yama, is extremely helpful! Do check this place out if you are in the vicinity!

Tomorrow I will meet my classmates back at the Airport before we head on down to Disneyland... or is it DisneySea? Oh the dilemma! :O) Just another day being a student.


No comments: