Friday, August 13, 2010

Toro! Toro! Toro!


Not to be confused with the 1970s Japanese invasion of Pearl Harbour flick, I'm talking about bull fights in Spain. I've been immersing myself in the world of Mary Blair. She was the only female during her time whose style was really appreciated by Walt Disney. Among some of her art works are concepts for Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland. Her style is so uniquely stunning, it influenced the style of It's a Small World ride in Disneyland!

I've been designing characters on a bull fighting story set in Spain, with the matador and the whole enchilada in the style of Mary Blair. And I've gone back to the use of the mouse to illustrate these characters - a skill I picked up in the last 10 years or so. Very exciting to be able to incorporate my skills before into the skills I am learning now. :O) AMEN!

Keep Moving Forward!

No comments: