Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just Pas-sing by...

And so I have arrived in Pasadena! It's been a week or so.

I will be taking a bunch of classes from a couple of schools in the vicinity. So much has happened in the last week while settling down, I figured I should just start blogging about my journey and not procrastinate.

Today, I met some interns from Imagineering for dinner. It was at Burbank's JB's and even though the session was short, at least I finally made contact with someone inside of the company. :D All this happened while at my painting class at the Animation Guild. My classmate there, who is also a Woodbury Alumni, hooked me with them - her former classmates. The connections are happening a whole lot faster than my attempt in 2007. WOW!! :D

Dinner ended, everyone had their appointments, so I decided to pop by the monthly meeting at the Animation Nation on 2006 Magnolia. Today's speaker is a true caricaturist who started from scratch. During the course of the 2.5 hour session, I was introduced to the vast array of work that spans his 19-year career which resulted in the loads of philosophies for my downloading.

My take home for the evening is to "put my stuff out for all to see". For a long time, I've kept works in the vault just because I feel I'm not ready for the world. Well, this blog (that's now connected back to Facebook... again) has been switched "on".

So here I am, sharing with the world my roller coaster adventures towards my dream...
Evening with Stephen Silver

No comments: