Friday, September 30, 2011

Simpsonfied

Today was another sightseeing adventure for me!

It began with Timothy Walter Burton's Specially Ticketed Exhibition at LACMA. There were literally over 700 pieces in the form of sketches, sculpts, photos, videos, etc. And it reminded me of how important every piece of work is important, right down to the smallest thumbnail or sketch.



Next up, Film Roman Inc. This studio produced many cartoons. And one of the more popular ones is The Simpsons. Not only did I get to preview this Christmas' (2011) episode, I got myself Simpsonfied by assistant Director Ricky Manginsay. If you're interested, the image is on my facebook. Ricky is a former co-worker of Philip, my former lecturer who arranged this evening's tour.

Sony sent a free software upgrade for my camera, which now includes a couple of filters to play with. Spent the afternoon trying out the different "lenses". You will see me using some of them in my future posts.

The bulk of my classes have commenced, and looking forward to the next jammed packed 10 weeks. For now, it's back to figure drawing with Karl Gnass.


No comments: