Sunday, August 16, 2009

From mouse back to pencil

"All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go..."
It doesn't make sense to continue the song so I'll leave it as is.

In awhile, I begin my life as student of a craft. It was fitting that I just completed my last official project - photographing an 80 year old birthday party! It was indeed a very happening celebration with a jam-packed entertainment programme, from opera face mask changer, to an award-winning chinese flutist, a mobile caricaturist, watching a nine year old pianist play Allegro Assai... just to name a few of the not so common birthday or wedding performances.

What an honour to be able to get my caricature done! I've NEVER seen anyone sketch with two pencils simultaneously before! Not only that, the caricaturist did a silhouette cut-out for me! I think I was the only one who had the privilege of having that done! How neat! I've always admired the silhouette cut-outs at Disneyland Silhouette Studio at Main Street! :O)

And even more fitting is the notion of me going back to the basics in the next few months... literally back to the drawing board! :oP Tomorrow begins a new egg-citing chapter so keep me in your prayers!


Sketch by Welles

No comments: