Sunday, August 2, 2009

Baba Charlie


No black sheep here. Just a big huge kitchen with a room next to it filled with only one of the finest nonya kuehs in Malacca. There were blue ones, round green ones, rice-stuffed ones, red layered ones... all of them mostly sweet ones... yes, even the fried ones! :O)

This was last monday on a random trip with the Cana gals! The journey there took a little longer than usual so there was only time for a Peranakan lunch, Baba Charlie and the Mall. Oh, the rain didn't help either. But I bonded so well with all the aunties, that when a bump swung my box of kuehs onto the ground of the van, all of them offered some of theirs! I wasn't paying attention, but in the end I got so much more than I what I had bought. Ah... Aunties! You've gotta love them! I had to share the kuehs with my friends because I was home alone and impossible to finish them within the day.

More to come! :O) Like tomorrow!

No comments: