Thursday, August 27, 2009

One week

It's been a week at ESDAS!! I'm beginning to see trends.

Firstly, ALL classes complement each other - Maya class will remind us how important anatomy drawing is, Anatomy lessons points at the basic construction in Sculpting session, Art History is a prelude to Design Fundamentals and yet we can draw references from the past, etc. The clear fact that everything is so intertwined with one another makes learning more fun, knowing that you're doing it collectively! I so love it when I see connection to everything. :O)

Secondly, which is also similar to part one, but a more important discovery is that I might have taken all these classes before. They might not have been at the same professional level, but at some point growing up, I am beginning to remember what I did as a kid. From cartoon drawing classes at the local community centres (now known as community clubs), to clay sculpting, water colour painting (I see this as the precursor to the modern digital illustration on the drawing tablet), etc. Almost as if what I took back then was preparing me for now.

Instead on dwelling on this for too long, I shall just enjoy the unfolding of the next two years. Below is from the concept part of my aptitude test. A scene was staged and I was asked to add in 10 specific objects. Let this be the "before" image that will benchmark my progress, if any... :O)


The used car salesman's office

No comments: