Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby steps


After class last Saturday noon, I popped by my alma mater for a visit. The school of Graphic Design is celebrating 80 years this coming Saturday, and have invited 80 Alumni to come give one piece of advice to current students. The session itself should take 80 minutes. I was asked months back even before I knew I was heading out here to prepare something. Since I have classes on that day in the morning and in the evening, I have prepared a one minute video for my segment.

On top of that, alumni were asked to submit their recent works for an exhibition. Four pieces of my current work has been selected. Can you spot it in the picture above? My first works exhibited in L.A.! :D

All my classes have begun and the homework along with it. A total of 30 hours I will clock excluding a couple of seminars here and there. It's going to be creatively intense!! Ah... now I remember what I missed in the last 15 years or so. :D

I finally bought a scanner. I had no choice. The classes need work to be blogged. It would have been absurd to pay a dollar for each scan as a service knowing I'd be scanning quite a load of stuff. Good thing is Target was offering an all-in-one (with wifi) for a low UDS39.99. How crazy is that? And also in perfect (Kairos) timing!! Why are quite a number of things here so economically priced?

So look out for my works online... soon.


No comments: