Friday, October 28, 2011

Live from the L.A. Zoo


Today seemed like a good day to visit the zoo, so that's what I did. Armed with my drawing tools I headed 15mins east of Pasadena.

I was partly here to scout The Tom Mankiewicz Conservation Carousel and several new attractions for my theme parks design class, but little did I know that today was the grand opening for this brand new carousel!

This must be mating season for the Masai long neck ungulates! So many visitors equipped with their camera phones waited patiently for Artimus to make his move on Neema. The wooing took ages! What a gentleman! :D I was almost there for 40 mins, nothing happened except for a couple of misfires! The only thing I got are several pages of sketches using col-erase Prisma pencils. I just used it once for an assignment recently and I thought why not use it today. The pencils feel like magic - an easy application! Ha ha... I was happy with the turn out of some of the sketching. After which, I popped into Swains to get some more!




No comments: