Friday, October 21, 2011

Blairing out colourfully

Photo taken at the Disney Galley at the Disneyland, Anaheim to celebrate the art of Mary Blair and 45 years of the It's a Small World attraction.

Today, Google honours Mary Blair's 100th birthday. No wonder the Oscar hosted a tribute for her last night at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills. Yeah, I had class so I didn't go.

From Alice in Wonderland to Cinderella, to the It's a Small World Ride, Mary Blair has been the one behind the concept art for the Walt Disney Company. Her style so uniquely engaging and colourful, has definitely impacted the work I have done! *tear*

During character class last night, our lecturer confessed that he was almost to a point of shedding tears when he first stepped into his art class. (He studied something completely different and only got into art in his 2o's.) He realised that there were so many good artist out there, and that he was so way behind. But he pushed on. He loves what he does, and continues to do wonderful pieces, especially with animals! You can check out his work here. Later, during class, I mentioned that I am kinda going through the same phase right now. Of course I left out the fact that I'm as old as him which means I'm only, well, say... 14 years behind?? That's a lot of catching up! So... back to work. :P

See what happens at 12 noon at the It's a Small World Ride's Front at Hong Kong Disneyland:

No comments: