Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gouache Rocks


This past weekend, I attended a Mike Hernandez 3-day seminar on Gouache. The closest I came to dealing with gouache was doing colour swatches for Colour Theory oh so long ago.

The two plein air locations over the weekend were Vasquez Rocks and Laguna Beach. So besides learning a new medium, I get to see two pretty (and far away) sites within the LA county! Vasquez Rocks is a place many film productions use as a location for their shoot. But the minute I saw the rock formation for the first time, I thought to myself... Cars. Not only did I get to see breath-taking sites, I got to meet a wonderfully talented bunch of classmates too. :D The finishing texture of gouache reminds me of the fine sandy rough edges that Mary Blair's produces in her art pieces. I like!!

Gouache is here to stay. :D

To view the other pieces, click here.

No comments: