Monday, October 6, 2008

Big little spark!

It's been difficult waking up in the mornings especially on Mondays for Mass. Last night before I slept, I asked our dear blessed Mother to nudge me when it's time. Even though I slept past 1am (I think?), my eyes opened at precisely 5:30am, 15 mins before the time I was suppose to wake up. And just when I thought of switching off the snooze mode, the morning birdie calls to keep me awake! :O) Only when I stepped out of the house, did it stop it stop singing its song!!

When Mass began, Fr Pat and Fr Chris were joined by a very elderly Fr Brian, a Friar. And when Fr Pat introduced him, I was like... WOW! A visiting Friar priest from the Capuchin order who bares so close a resemblance to St Pio. Two of my friends are in Italy this period in time and I think they're on a pilgrimage to view the body of St Pio that is exposed for public veneration in San Giovanni Rotondo. Yes, on the one hand, how I wished I was there too, but on the other, God manifested Himself to me through all the small little things I had experienced in what might have been in the span of half hour this morning... which is all I need for the day! What a way to begin the day... Thank you for this day!

No comments: