Sunday, October 12, 2008

Let's Dance!

A friend posted this on her site and it was too irresistible NOT to blog about it. Everyone probably associates this with Celtic Irish folk music, but it was a remake of an 1848 song "Simple Gifts". Called "Lord of the Dance" this piece was adapted by Sydney Carter in 1963.

This song changed the way I see the word DANCE! Especially in the line "I dance on a Friday when the sky turned black." It goes to show the spirit of what one is doing is far more important than what others perceive of it. Cos' others may not know what the intentions are and only the person doing it knows why!

I kept singing this song yesterday when no one was around and wished I had two others to accompany me! Makes you wanna be Irish! :O) Let's dance beautifully this one journey in life for our Choreographer and the audience around us!

No comments: