Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Making the most out of it...

Last Saturday, I assisted the level 6's in their Day of Recollection. It was a day programme held at St Patrick's School right after their Primary School Leaving Exams (PSLE) and the whole idea was to get them aware of the four year confirmation programme that starts next year for them... and hopefully commit to it.

It was really neat to see these pre-teens in their regular clothes in a school canteen during the breakfast and lunch breaks. Reminds me of a typican American public junior high school.


Since parents were also invited for the programme, I used the opportunity to screen MOST. I had just ordered it from the US, and this is my first time screening it for religious education. (I'm sure there will be many more.) It a simple short film that drives home hard the very important message of connecting back with God. This is always a good time in sessions like these to remind us of where we are in life. Do check out the trailer on the link above. More of the Day's proramme in the Scoop Shop.

I have been inspired to do short films like this and will be enrolling in a Dov Simens' 2-Day Film School on the weekend of the 25 & 26th of Oct.

No comments: